The Montessori School believes that full educational excellence flourishes within a diverse community. We strive to create an environment that fosters peace, embraces diversity and encourages a diverse population. Our goal is to promote inclusion and collaboration, supporting an environment of openness where the exchange of ideas is appreciated and encouraged. Through these efforts, members of our community are valued and understood.
The Montessori philosophy is central to the mission of The Montessori School. Our environment is respectful of the child’s unique path of learning, and is used as a guide in developing the adult he/she will become. The application of the sequential and rich Montessori curriculum as well as the gentle guidance of Montessori-trained teachers is wide-ranging:
• The prepared classroom stimulates interest, builds attention and focus, develops self-awareness and increases an understanding of the larger world.
• The classroom environment enables children to form values through free choice of purposeful activity and reflection on those choices.
• The physical environment allows children to move and to perfect movement.
• Three-year age groupings provide a setting for a positive social environment and offers children experience with roles as helper, observer, learner, teacher and leader.
• Children are given opportunities to develop independence, concentration, self-esteem and respect for all living things.
• The child’s self-construction is assisted through a personalized system of Montessori methods and materials.
• An atmosphere of love, peace and encouragement is sustained throughout the learning process.